- Go to Rudix webpage and download the installer.
- Double click to execute and select only those packages you want to use.
- Click Continue.
- Click on Customize – do not click on Install or everything will be installed (unless you want to).
- As the installer is stupid, you have to unselect all packages but gettext, glib, mc and wget.
- Click on Install (not “Standard Install”).
- Update the system PATH variableto contain the path to the mc as follows:
export PATH = $PATH:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin