Once the virtual-hosted OS starts to complain about the insufficient disk space and there is nothing left to uninstall, it comes to the partition enlargement.
There are several steps to make this mission successful:
- Backup the original VDI image
- Inflatethe VDI image to a new size in MBs (e.g., to 40GBs) by executing:
VBoxManage modifyhd ~/.VirtualBox/HardDisks/IMAGE.vdi --resize 40000
- Boot from GParted live CD and resize the respective disk image.
- Reboot the computer and wait.
Now, pray to your God that all is well 🙂
What if the prayers were not answered? LOL, try to check the following.
Changing the Windows partition size in GParted made it unbootable. The solution was as follows:
- Boot the Windows installation CD.
- Choose the respective language.
- And press the “Repair your computer” option. It will fix the MBR of the hard disk image.